Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Literature Circles - Biblioburro: A True Story From Colombia


Summary
The setting takes place in a jungle close to El Tormento.  Luis wants to go to deliver some books to children because he has too many books in his house.  He has many obstacles so will Luis get the books to the children or not.

Theme
A kind man who loves books lives in the jungle with his animal friends.  But he loves books more than anything and he delivers books to kids who don`t have any.  The kids like Luis, and Luis likes them too.  Luis likes to share books and the kids think that he is very kind for that.   Sharing is very nice, and especially with people who don`t have anything. 

Character
His name is Luis.  He loves to read books.  He has a great imagination, loves adventures, and is friendly.  His personality is very nice.  He is very helpful.  When he reads his books he imagines a lot of cool stuff. When his wife gets angry at him he goes on an adventure to give books to kids that don’t have any.  He is friendly because he gives children books that don’t have any.


Review by Ryan (21)
I recommend this book because it can teach you to give to others who have nothing at all.  My favorite part of the book is when the bandit jumps out of the grass and says, “Give me all your silver.”  I like this part because it is funny and surprising, and I would also recommend this book because it has adventure.

Review by Kirti
I recommend this fun book for people who love books and are adventures.  This awesome book will show you a kind man who likes to share books and will give you a happy smile.  My favorite part is when Luis gives the little kids piglet masks because all the pig masks match with the story.

Review by Alex (4)
I really like this book because I like it when Luis reads a book to the kids and gives them the book they like.  I recommend this book for people that like books and Spanish.

Review by Amyyah
I recommend this book because I think it’s interesting how Luiz gave out books to little kids.  This book is for people that like adventures.  This is a good book for kids and bedtimes because they will enjoy it.  My favorite part is when he was trying to get his donkey from the other side of the river because it was really funny how Beto wasn`t moving.

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Did Luiz have any ther donkeys besides Alpha and Beta?

Post a Comment