Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Literature Circles - Yuko-chan and the Daruma Doll


Summary
Yuko-chan wants to help rebuild her village.   The volcanic eruption of Mt. Asama made some people die and a lot of people sick.  Can Yuko-chan save her village?  Or will it be too late?

Theme
Helping your village and believing in yourself are the themes of this book.

Character
Yuko-Chan is a very caring girl because she feed fishes when the fishes are hungry.  Her name means Warm Water girl.  She has shiny black hair.  Yuko-chan lives in Japan.  She lives in an orphanage with Osho-san.   Yuko-chan is blind and has an eye-seeing dog named Shiba.  Yuko will try to help and recover her village from the volcanic eruption.



Review by Hannah
I like the book Yuko-chan and the Daruma Doll because the author makes you feel like you are really in Japan.  If you like stories about believing in yourself then you should read this.  Sunny Seki is a talented author and illustrator and she writes amazing adventures.  I recommend the book Yuko-chan and the Daruma Doll because it is the best story ever.

Review by Ryan (22)
I like the part when they saved the village from the volcano because it’s interesting that they can save the village by selling the doll to raise money.  I recommend this book because it has a lot of action such as falling off a cliff and making the daruma doll.

Review by Aliza
I like Yuko Chan and the Daruma Doll because it means to believe and never give up.  Sunny Seki is a great author and if you like adventures books she’s the correct author for you.  I recommend it because it’s a good book because it gives lots of details I hope you enjoy it too!

Review by Tsubasa
I like Yuko-chan and the Daruma Doll because Yuko-chan is an adventure girl.  I recommend this book for people who like adventure books.   My favorite part is when Yuko-chan catches the thief because she’s like a police and catches the thief.  I think you should read this book because it is an awesome book.

3 comments:

Adam Hannah's younger brother said...

Yuko-chan? Is that said as Yuck-o chan? or You ko chan?

Su - Hannah's Mom said...

Really great reviews! Makes me want to read the book!

Tsubasa said...

To Adam,It is Yuko-Chan like the title.

Post a Comment