Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Literature Circles - The Good Garden


Summary
In the book The Good Garden, there is this family that has a little girl named Maria Luz.  She planted a garden with her father.  They planted a garden because their family was very poor.  Their garden started dying.  A garden teacher comes to her country.  Maria Luz learned a lot from the garden teacher.   She learned that compost can help the plants grow.  Her garden started coming to life again.  Read to see what is going to happen next.   

Theme
If you want to accomplish something, work hard. 

Character
Maria Luz is a very curious, sweet, and loving girl and always happy to help her father garden. She is always wondering around in the garden and likes to discover how to make new things.



Review by Aja
The Good Garden is a very good book because there are a lot of very pretty, colorful, and detailed pictures.  I like this book because there are many interesting parts like Marigolds help bugs stay away.  I recommend this book to people who like gardening.  You can learn many different things about gardening in this book.  My favorite part is when a garden teacher comes to her country and teaches her how to make a good garden.  That is my favorite part because that part had a lot of details in it such as how to make a compost pile out of dirt.  The garden teacher saves her garden.  I think you should read this book because it really explains how to make new plants and help them grow healthy and strong.

Review by Trinity
The Good Garden is a great book with colorful pictures.  I like the part when Maria Luz goes to school and her new teacher Don Pedro teaches her how to make her poor garden good again.  I recommend this book for people who like gardens and who like interesting stories because this book interests me.

Review by Phoebe
The Good Garden is a really good book because the author has good descriptive words.  I liked the part in the book when Maria Luz and her family make their garden beautiful.  I highly recommend this book for people who love gardening.

Review by Enya
The Good Garden is a really good book.  My favorite part is when Maria Luz gets to learn how to make compost and learn to garden.  If you want to learn how to garden I think this is going to be a really good book for you.  I recommend this book because it is a very colorful book and has lots of details.

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow. The summaries really helped me understand the book. Does Maria Luz have any siblings?

Post a Comment