Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Literature Circles - Out of the Way! Out of the Way!


Summary
In this story there is a boy who finds a tree in the middle of a path.  This story takes place in a very crowded village.  But the tree is in the middle of a path so on every page it says, “Out of the way!  Out of the way!”  That’s why the book is called Out of the Way! Out of the Way!  Even though those words sound annoying it’s actually not. 

Theme
I think the author is trying to establish that a little thing can make a big difference.

Character
A nice and helpful little boy seems to like nature so much he plants a tree in a path were everyone walks.  The little boy has been yelled at so many times but the tree still grew.  He is a little boy with black hair and usually wears different cloths.


Review by Lily 
I really like this book Out of the Way! Out of the Way! a lot because it’s a little crazy in the town in the story.  It’s a little crazy in the town because it’s crowded everywhere.

My favorite part is when the boy in the story saw the tree and put rocks around it.  It’s my favorite part because he likes the tree a lot.  And also he’s helping it grow.  I like trees to, that’s why it’s my favorite part. 

I think this would be a good book for beginner readers since it only has 3-4 sentences per page.

Review by Alex (3)
I really recommend this book for kids that like to read.  My favorite part is when the boy brings nice things to the path.  I really like the book because one boy turned a regular town into a happy place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment