Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Literature Circles - A Child's Garden: A Story of Hope


Summary
There was a little boy who lived in a place where war had been.  He found a little plant and watered and pulled around his plant.  But then soldiers destroyed his beautiful plant. What will the boy do now?  

Theme 
No matter what happens just keep trying.

Character
The main character is a little boy.  He loves to garden and he is very kind because he brought some water to the plant and he said drink up.  He looks like a six year old and he is very cute and has blue eyes and has brown hair.  He is skinny and he is short.



Review by Alec
I like the book A Child’s Garden because it tells you that there is always a bright side to things.  My favorite part of this book was when the boy found a little plant peeking up between the rubble.  Read this book to find out what happens to the boy and the plant.
 
Review by Carly
A Child’s Garden is a great book for people who love books filled with hope. My favorite part was when animals and children came over and played around in the grapevine. 

Review by Michelle
This story is a good book and you should read it.  My favorite part was when the soldiers took down the plants and the boy got sad.  It was my favorite part because it was detailed.  This book is also good for people who love plants and loves to garden.  I like this book because it’s a story of hope and I adore hope stories.  I think hope stories are interesting because when I read a sentence I want to read more.   How the author made me read more was details like the author said old sacking and wire.

Review by Niko
I like the book called a Child’s Garden because the author put very colorful pictures.  My favorite part was when the boy built a house for the grapevine because the boy was really nice to the grapevine.  All the children took care of the grapevine.  I recommend this book because it is a story of hope.  I chose this book because I wanted to see if the vine was growing or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment